Y'all know I love talking about protein and it seems to be one of your favorite topics to learn about because The Macronutrient You’re Likely Most Deficient In + How to Get More of It is one of my most-downloaded episodes! (If you are not a vegan or vegetarian that's a great episode to listen to regarding protein intake)
In this episode we are diving into meat-free eating and elevating your protein intake as a vegan or vegetarian. I cover a number of topics, including the following:
- Considering your motivations
- Determining your current protein intake
- Establishing your protein goal
- The protein content of some common foods in a meat-free diet
Another episode I reference: Breaking Down Protein Powders
- How to make a complete protein
- Soy consumption - should you be concerned?
A couple studies I reference:
Health Promotion Effects of Soy Isoflavones
Impact of Soy Foods on the Development of Breast Cancer and the Prognosis of Breast Cancer Patients
- 5 go-to tactics to increase your protein intake as a vegan or vegetarian
If you get value from this episode, I would be overjoyed to have you share it with another female millennial or screenshot it and share on instagram, tagging me at @fitfeedbyreed.
For more information on my coaching services and for tons of healthy recipes check out www.fitfeedbyreed.com.