I recently took a 4-week detox from social media and it was SPECTACULAR! It really got me to thinking about a number of things surrounding my priorities and has reframed my approach with social media going forward. In this episode I share my personal insights with you, along with 6 specific steps to determine if you need a social media detox, including:
1. Start praying about it
2. Baby step your way into it
3. Consider your phone habits in bed
4. Determine if there are other activities you'd rather spend your time on
5. Assess if you're seeking personal growth and if you're okay with being uncomfortable
6. Ask yourself the question: If your current social media habits looked the same 5 years from now would you be okay with that?
I also shared a couple book recommendations that really encouraged me to take a break from social media. Check out the following reads:
Who Are You Following? by Sadie Robertson Huff
The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry by John Mark Comer
If you get value from this episode, I would be overjoyed to have you share it with another female millennial or screenshot it and share on instagram, tagging me at @fitfeedbyreed.
For more information on my coaching services and for tons of healthy recipes check out www.fitfeedbyreed.com.