This series on rooting your identity in Christ, rather than your appearance, continues! I pray that this month's conversations have been offering you a new perspective on how you view your physical body, along with some take-home tactics to implement in this season when fitness + diet companies are pushing hard to fix your eyes on your insecurities before the summer.
In today's episode I talk about the benefits of a body neutral approach rather than the hyped up body positive approach. We talk about the following topics:
- Some alarming facts on body image - I referenced some statistics from these two websites:
- What is body positivity
- The challenges of a body positive approach
1. It continually puts our focus on our physical being
2. Putting emphasis on our appearance fixes our eyes on ourselves, not on Jesus
3. It often feels inauthentic
- How to shift toward a body neutral approach
1. Rather than going from 0-60, go from 0-30
2. Focus on your physical capabilities rather than your physical attributes
3. Identify physical capabilities that feel authentic to you
4. Step away from the mirror
5. Focus on your Creator over everything
Check out the other two episodes in this series, so far:
My Testimony: From Eating Disorder to Empowered Disciple
God Sees You As Wonderfully Made, But Do You? // Interview with Kelli Oyewole
If this episode leaves you with lingering questions or prayer requests I would gladly be of service to you. Reach out to me on social media or through the contact page on my website <3
If you get value from this episode, I would be overjoyed to have you share it with another female millennial or screenshot it and share on instagram, tagging me at @fitfeedbyreed.
For more information on my coaching services and for tons of healthy recipes check out www.fitfeedbyreed.com.